Old January 19th 06, 06:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Canary Wharf Route Comments

Bob Wood wrote:
In ,
Sam typed:

My company is due to be relocating to Canary Wharf and I wanted any
suggestions regarding travel.

I currently live 5 minutes walk from Totteridge & Whetstone (Northern
Line) and 10 minute walk from Oakleigh Park (Wagn).

The best route which I have come up with is Northern Line to Bank and
then DLR to CW (About an hour).

Does anyone have any experience of this journey ?

I'd be grateful for any other suggestions / comments.

The total journey time from Oakleigh Park might be about 10 minutes
quicker but this would be outweighed by the longer waiting time for a
WAGN train, the need to make two changes and your longer walk to the
station.

It doesn't seem to me that there would be any great time diference
between the two Northern line options (change at Bank onto DLR - or -
change at London Bridge onto Jubilee), but Jonn's point about seat
availability would be valid. For the same reason it might be preferable
to return via Jubillee and Northern rather than DLR and Northern.

You may want to put your journey into the TfL Journey Planner at:
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...ptionsActive=1
You can enter your postcode to ensure that the planner knows exactly
where you are starting from. It would be interesting to see whether any
WAGN journeys are offered.

The DLR is a lot more reliable than the Jubilee.