Old January 19th 06, 07:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

In message
Chris Tolley wrote:

Martin Underwood wrote:

What a mess our rail system has become: some stations owned/operated by
TOCs, some owned by Network Rail; some services operated by TOCs, some
operated by companies that are not TOCs.

Ain't it the truth.

Maybe I'm biassed because I can remember a time when the railways were
operated as a single entity with joined-up thinking!

And summers were warmer, too... I don't think it was ever the single
entity, but at least all parts realised that they were supposed to be
working together, and the differences between the entities (let's call
them regions) didn't actually bother the customers.

Providing you weren't trying to use, say, the Salisbury - Exeter line after
it was transferred to a rival comp^^^^ region. The Good Old DaysŤ were never
that good I'm afraid.

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.