Old September 14th 03, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
AstraVanMan AstraVanMan is offline

Default Enfield to Putney - which route?

I could well have been better off going over Battersea Bridge and
possibly
even coming back over Wandsworth Bridge, or just through Wandsworth,

which
is normally busy, but never at a standstill for too long (I hesitate to

use
the word 'flowing'). But when I went that way the other day I wanted to
turn right onto Westbridge Road (the road that leads up to the heliport)

but
it's a banned right turn - does anyone know if it's possible to turn

right
onto Battersea Church Road ??

It is - or at least it was certainly possible last time I drove that way
a few weeks ago.

Ah, great. Cheers for that. Just when I thought I'd found a reasonably
well flowing way out of town in that direction (Embankment, up Lots Road
past Chelsea Harbour, along Kings Road for only a few hundred metres, and
then up Edith Row and along to Imperial Road + up to Wandsworth Bridge) they
decide to close a load of roads. Well, I'm still figuring out all the back
streets - the only place I've got completely sorted out is the West End -
everywhere else I've still got a fair bit to learn!

Peter