Old January 19th 06, 09:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Cheeky Cheeky is offline

Default Is it correct to use 999 in this case...?

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:02:15 GMT, Steve wrote:

Good point. I've never had to use one of those phones, and I've always
wondered given the amount of traffic on the M25 at 6.00pm whether you'd be
able to hear the person on the other end!

Cheers.

Used one on a busy section of the M1 near Northampton on a Sunday
afternoon last September. It took them ages (several minutes) to
answer as well and was rubbish - barely audible unless I stuck my head
right inside the box! Next time I'll stick to the mobile...