Old January 20th 06, 07:53 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Yorkie Yorkie is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

Ross wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:45:38 -0000, wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:

[...]
A typical sequence of events might go something like this:

1. A passenger arrives at HEX ticket office.

2. The passenger sees the sign saying travelcards aren't valid.

3. Despite having a travelcard, the passenger buys a HEX ticket anyway.

No, sorry, your argument fails there. The typical passenger arriving
at the HEx ticket office isn't going have a ticket - that's why
they're at the ticket office.

Even at Paddington?

I'd have thought a 'typical' passenger would arrive by rail (either
'mainline' or LU), and therefore be likely to have a travelcard.

I don't have any figures though, but even if it's not 'typical', I'm
sure many people would have been in this situation and may then have
seen signs saying 'travelcards not valid', and then bought full priced
tickets on top.