Old January 20th 06, 03:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Ross Ross is offline

Default More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

On 20 Jan 2006 00:53:19 -0800, Yorkie wrote in
. com, seen in
uk.railway:
Ross wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:45:38 -0000, wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:

[...]
A typical sequence of events might go something like this:

1. A passenger arrives at HEX ticket office.

2. The passenger sees the sign saying travelcards aren't valid.

3. Despite having a travelcard, the passenger buys a HEX ticket anyway.

No, sorry, your argument fails there. The typical passenger arriving
at the HEx ticket office isn't going have a ticket - that's why
they're at the ticket office.

Even at Paddington?

I'd have thought a 'typical' passenger would arrive by rail (either
'mainline' or LU), and therefore be likely to have a travelcard.

You're making the same mistake, I think.

If they're arriving at the *ticket office*, they're intending to buy a
ticket in the first place, which makes the argument being advanced
completely fallacious.

If they're arriving at the ticket barrier (if there is one) or on the
platform, then it's a different matter entirely.

[....]
--
Ross, in Lincoln, most likely being cynical or sarcastic, as ever.
Reply-to will bounce. Replace the junk-trap with my name to e-mail me.

Demonstration of poor photography at http://ross.photobook.org.uk
AD: http://www.merciacharters.co.uk for European charters occasionally gripped by me