Old January 21st 06, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default The Best Ticket to Get to Tower Hill

wrote:

I was thinking about upgrading the season ticket to Blackfriars, or
City Thameslink and walking from there. Or maybe adding the travelcard
to the season, though I'm not sure whether I have to buy a Z1-6 or
whether I can buy just a Z1-2.

You can get a ticket with a Travelcard, or get a season to the zone 1/2
boundary and an Oyster Travelcard for Z1-2. You can then combine these
tickets, which should be cheaper than a ticket 'all the way'.

Slightly more expensive, but still cheaper than a season all the way,
is to get a ticket to boundary zone 6 (Elstree & Borehamwood) and
combine with a Z1-6 Travelcard, which will give you free transport
throughout London as and when you like.

All of this is based on Wagn pricing, rather than Thameslink but I'd
expect the savings to be similar.

Jonathan