Old January 21st 06, 08:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default Verney Junction diversion (Actually a Claydon LNE / Calvert diversion!)

"TheOneKEA" wrote

I presume then that the spur to Claydon LN&E Junction is nominally
intact to allow the refuse trains to be propelled into the down siding
and thence to the pits, correct? I had heard that some of the rails on
the mothballed line between Bicester and Bletchley had been stolen.

The line from Oxford is open for passenger trains as far as Bicester Town,
and for freight as far as Claydon LNE junction. The Avon binliner normally
comes this way, and reverses down the spur to Calvert. The line from Claydon
to Bletchley isn't currently in a fit state for trains, and ISTR that I had
heard the suggestion that some rails had been stolen.

Peter