Old January 22nd 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default Verney Junction diversion (Actually a Claydon LNE / Calvert diversion!)

In article ,
Ronnie Clark rve.co.uk wrote:

I just posted these links elsewhere, but what the hell, I'm feeling
dangerous... I got very bored and went "Google Earth"ing. I probably
shouldn't post this and if GE complain I'll take them down:

http://www.blugman.freeserve.co.uk/grn-ash.jpg (120k)
http://www.blugman.freeserve.co.uk/calvertarea.jpg (600k)

The first is Grendon Underwood to Ashendon Junctions, the second is more
generally the area around Calvert / Quainton Road / Verney Junction,
including the Ashendon line as far as Akeman Street.

What a great set of pictures Ronnie, thanks very much for taking that
time! This is a powerful new tool to find the course of long closed
railways :-)

Nick
--
So when is Tony Blair going to start treating *us* with respect ?