Old January 22nd 06, 07:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
subterraneo subterraneo is offline

Default Verney Junction diversion (Actually a Claydon LNE / Calvertdiversion!)

That would be interesting. I was out and about the GCR this summer to get
some pictures of various stretches to include in a slide show I put together
entitled "Watkin to Prescott" which sketched the history of the MSLR and the
GCR but focussed on the Joint Line from Grendon Underwood as far as Gerrards
Cross, Tesco and all that. At Quainton I tried to find the exact point where
the GCR joined the Met (formerly A&B) just west of Quainton Road but failed.
Lots of other bits of the A&B to be found but that interesting spot seems to
have been thoroughly obliterated - or have you found it?

Guy Gorton

The location still exists:

http://tinyurl.com/9b6hx

http://www.pendar.pwp.blueyonder.co....ine_1.html#GCR

The bridge there still goes over the GCR (obviously) but has been filled in
where the Met line ran beneath it. Interestingly, there is a road sign on
the approach to the bridge that warns of a 'failed road'. Perhaps the road
collapsed into the Met line space rather than it being deliberately filled
in (or the filling in left something to be desired).

Many thanks to everyone who replied to this post.