Old January 22nd 06, 09:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Is it correct to use 999 in this case...?

Mark Brader:
My understanding is that [112] is only a European standard. I'm
confident enough that it doesn't work here [Canada] to try it...
If you can cite anything official saying that it is a world standard,
I'd be interested to see it.

John Stockton:
But one would not expect a world standard to apply in an American
system, and that's what Canada uses.

In that sense one would not expect a world standard to apply in Britain
either. Unless it was invented there, of course.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "To the vector go the spoils."