Old January 23rd 06, 08:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Oyster charging question

Ian F. wrote:
I'm signed up for the auto re-charge thingy - once your card has
under £5 it adds £40 the next time you go to a tube station.

My balance is very low, and I'm unlikely to use the tube this week
but will need to use buses. If I go to the tube station and put my
Oyster on a gate (to recharge it) but don't travel, surely that
will result in an unresolved journey? Or can I 'charge' it on the
big ticket machine, or ask at the ticket window?

I think that if you recharge it at the gate but don't travel, you can
have the unresolved journey cancelled at the ticket window. This
certainly worked for me the first time I registered my auto-top-up
facility.
--
Richard J.