Old January 23rd 06, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matt Ashby Matt Ashby is offline

Default Stratford

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

Hmm - I can't remember if the NLL is shown on the tube
maps these days. Wouldn't it be a heck of a lot easier to
make the tube map show all and only Oyster validity?

The NNL is shown on the Tube Map, but (except for
between Gunnersbury and Richmond, where it shares
tracks with the District Line) doesn't accept Oyster PrePay.
I would imagine that when TfL takes over control of
SilverLink Metro services PrePay will be introduced
fairly quicky. It would be quite easy to implement: most
of the NNL stations are self-contained or have interchange
only with LU, and those that aren't often have a clear
division between SilverLink and other services (e.g.
Willesden Junction, where SilverLink use the high level,
or Stratford where they use the low level).

Or you could turn control of the NNL over to LU, with all
the security, frequency and service improvements that
would bring ...

Matt