Old January 24th 06, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Does Oyster know the tube route you have taken?

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article , ]
(Steve Fitzgerald) wrote:

In message , GBH
writes
Heathrow to Southgate normally takes 1hr 40mn during the
afternoon, midweek. I think 1hr 25mn to Cockfosters must be the
"official" time.

WTT says 1 hour 23 mins. These days it's more often right than
not.

Last time I did Cambridge-Heathrow by trains I was alarmed to
discover how much more than expected were the King's
Cross-Heathrow times. About 1 1/4 hours IIRC.

About 55 minutes actually. Faster via HEx of course.

Definitely over an hour in reality when I last did it. I said I was
surprised.

You said times (plural), so I thought you meant the timetabled times,
not just the train you happened to be on.

When one has to catch a plane, being able to rely on a particular
transit time can be important.

--
Colin Rosenstiel