Old January 26th 06, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Charged twice for single journey

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:29:46 -0000, "Simon Lee"
wrote:

Today I needed to travel from Euston Square (NOT Euston) to Leicester
Square.
I got on a circle line service to Kings Cross St Pancras to change for the
Piccadilly Line.
When I exited the circle line platforms, I passed through the barriers and
then again through the barriers for the Piccadilly line.
Because I passed through two sets of barriers, I have been charged £3
(Oyster Card Pre-pay) for a £1.50 journey.
Changing between sub-surface and deep level tube lines at Kings Cross isn't
a change I make regularly so can anybody explain to me if I have done
something wrong here (I just simply followed the signs marked Piccadilly
Line that took me through the barriers) or is this a problem that needs
resolving?

Were you charged? Or are you assuming you were charged? You
shouldn't have been, unless you went shopping or something while
outside the barriers for more than 30 minutes (I forget just what the
time limit is in these cases, but it's more than adequate).

Why you didn't walk to Warren Street or get on a 'bus is another
question :-)