Old January 27th 06, 08:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Wood Bob Wood is offline

Default Charged twice for single journey

In ,
Paul Corfield typed:

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:29:46 -0000, "Simon Lee"
wrote:

Today I needed to travel from Euston Square (NOT Euston) to Leicester
Square.
I got on a circle line service to Kings Cross St Pancras to change
for the Piccadilly Line.
When I exited the circle line platforms, I passed through the
barriers and then again through the barriers for the Piccadilly line.
Because I passed through two sets of barriers, I have been charged £3
(Oyster Card Pre-pay) for a £1.50 journey.
Changing between sub-surface and deep level tube lines at Kings
Cross isn't a change I make regularly so can anybody explain to me
if I have done something wrong here (I just simply followed the
signs marked Piccadilly Line that took me through the barriers) or
is this a problem that needs resolving?

As others have said you should not have been charged twice as the
configuration at Kings Cross is such that double charging is not
enacted for Oyster Pre Pay or for people travelling on single or
return magnetic tickets. I would check the transaction record to make
sure and if both legs are recorded on your card then I'd ask for a
refund / card reset.

I think both legs should be recorded on his card but the second one will
have been charged at £0.00. That is what happened to me when I changed
between the two Hammersmith stations.

--
Bob