Old January 29th 06, 12:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Frimberly Peter Frimberly is offline

Default Chemical/gas Assault on London 172 bus last night 26/01/06

On 27 Jan 2006 06:19:26 -0800, wrote:

I was on a 2/3 full 172 bus last night going home from work at est
20.30 when suddenly all hell let loose and everyone on the top deck was
trying to get off the bus. The bus was on the old kent road close to
new cross gage when this happened. I just heard someone shout get off
and another person shout "bomb". Someone had released some kind of gas
which affected your breathing which starting to effect me at the front
of the bus. Obviously everyone panicked and fell down the stairs
trying to get off asap. I was at the very front of the bus so didn't
see the person who did this. Apparently the person who let off the
canister got away before anyone could give chase after recovered from
coughing.

I was in the KFC on Oxford Street about 12 or 15 years ago when
someone let off CS gas in there. It was horrendous, in just seconds
you could not breathe and just had to get the hell out of there.
Luckily the KFC has lots of doors and it was easy enough for everyone
to get out quickly. I can't believe someone would do similar on a bus
with a much more limited exit rate, especially if the bus had been
driving at the time - must have been horrific.