Old January 30th 06, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default Ladies & Gentlemen

"www.waspies.net" wrote in message
James Farrar wrote:
On 30 Jan 2006 00:14:31 -0800, "PhilD" wrote:

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

Who on earth thought the new tube announcements starting,
"Ladies & Gentlemen," were a good idea ?

I think it is a good idea. Putting some "unimportant" words at the
start of an announcement gives people chance to tune in without missing
the important content.

The problem is that most of the announcements are useless. This means
that people will tend to ignore them completely.

Certainly every time I hear "this is a special announcement" or "this
is a safety announcement", I ignore it, because I know what it's goign
to say.

What about OI YOU LOT at the start of every message or LISTEN TO ME,
LISTEN TO ME then lots of flashing lights, the worst thing would be a
direct link into the drivers brain (G D & C) and what he's really thinking
about the great unwashed.

Maybe the announcements should start with a loud "OI YOU ****ERS" quickly
followed by a 30-second burst of klaxon, two minutes of screaming babies
mixed in with the sounds of a slaughter house, followed by more profanity,
and finally "stand behind the yellow line" :-P

I'm off to put my flame proof underpants on