Old January 30th 06, 02:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default Ladies & Gentlemen

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
In message , Helen Deborah Vecht
writes
"Matt Ashby" typed

Which announcements do you think are useless? Do
you have any examples?

'On leaving the train, please ensure you have all your personal
possessions with you.'

Has no effect on the terminally scatter-brained AFAICT...

You probably saw that I posted recently about a large part of the front
end of a Ford Escort being left on a District Line train (I was told of
this on a behind-the-scenes visit to Baker Street a while ago now). The
number of umbrellas, gloves and mobile phones there is amazing.

Whenever I come to the end of tours, be it for half a day or for several
days' duration, I always do an announcement about not leaving things
behind which I endeavour to make sound spontaneous and with feeling,
rather than just being well, an announcement. But people still leave
things, even after they've been told the tale of an incident many years
ago now, when someone left behind their artificial foot.......

But you never see the items from people who would have left something, but
upon hearing the announcement remembered to take their items with them...
so it'll always appear, from lost-baggage's perspective, that the
announcements don't work :-P

--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK