Old January 31st 06, 12:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default LU station abbreviation codes

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 22:51:43 -0000, "Andy"
wrote:

"Richard J." wrote in message
. uk...
Andy wrote:
Offically IIRC only the Central line and W&C has fixed codes and
the system is:
the first three letters of a single word,
the first two of the first word and the first of the second for two
word station name
the first letter of each for three word the only one being TCR.
The exceptions are Redbridge which should be RED which whould be
confusing so they consider it two word so it's REB

What other station on LU could RED be confused with?
--
Richard J.

"I'm at a green signal at Red" it could get quite confusing over a radio so
it not used for that reason.

I seem to remember seeing reference to Redbridge as Red Bridge.
Memory's a little fuzzy though.

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com