Old January 31st 06, 01:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Strange bus reg

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

I saw a bus today with the registration "VLT 47". Its fleet number (or
whatever they call them) was "VLW 47". I wonder why they were able to
get a reg so close to the fleet number, but not the same? Or, for that
matter, why they tried?

It's a re-used Routemaster plate, originally applied to RM47 in 1959 or
thereabouts.

There are quite a lot about, helping to conceal the age of vehicles.

--
Colin Rosenstiel