Old January 31st 06, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CLYDE DEMPSTER CLYDE DEMPSTER is offline

Default Shock news regarding Tube Safety

"d" wrote in message
k...
"CLYDE DEMPSTER" wrote in message
. uk...

"James Farrar" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:16:01 GMT, "CLYDE DEMPSTER"
wrote:

A fair Salary

...even though they earn £30k...

Fought for and won by the actions of strong trade unions.
And why shouldnt they earn that kind of money? My only regret is that
not
every one is on that figure, still plenty of work for us trade unionists
do there i think.

Go see how much money nurses make, then tell me that's a fair wage. Jesus
Christ, man - just because you can get paid that much does not make it
right. I've seen inept people get really high salaries - that does not
automatically entitle everyone to such a wage.

I agree with you about nurses, they do not get a fair wage. If i was able
to assist them by takeing industrial action i would. I do attend marches and
demonstrations like the fire fighters march, and going further back, the
miners. My union branch contributes money to campaigns such as these both
from branch funds and from collections at the meetings. Ordinary people
doing what they can with monetary and moral support.

Hope to see you at these events in the future.

Regards
Clyde