Old January 31st 06, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Strange bus reg

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:46:45 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

I saw a bus today with the registration "VLT 47". Its fleet number (or
whatever they call them) was "VLW 47". I wonder why they were able to get a
reg so close to the fleet number, but not the same? Or, for that matter, why
they tried?

Back in the days of that type of registration number, a lot of bus
companies organised them to coincide with fleet numbers. Midland Red
and Red & White did it in a big way. See
http://www.btinternet.com/~terry.harper/buses/rw865.htm for an
example.

On the other hand, East Kent didn't bother with fleet numbers, just
made sure that they didn't have two buses with the same numbers in the
registration.
--
Terry Harper
Website Coordinator, The Omnibus Society