Old February 1st 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Gunnersbury 9-day Blockade

I see that Network Rail are imposing a blockade at Gunnersbury from
Saturday 1st to Sunday 9th April inclusive in order to relay the
junction. Silverlink Metro and LU District Line services from Richmond
to South Acton/Turnham Green will replaced by buses for the whole 9
days.

Why does it take 9 days to replace a double-track junction? Have there
been any recent replacements of similar junctions that have been done
over a weekend, for example?
--
Richard J.