Old February 1st 06, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] abe22@cam.ac.uk is offline

Default Bank to King George V "cabride" video on Google

Clive R Robertson wrote:

If anybody's interested, I've uploaded a video of a journey from
Bank[1] to King George V. It was recorded using a cheap camcorder, the
windscreen was not as clean as it could have been, and just after
Canning Town there was a lot of glare from the sun.

The video runs for 21min 33secs and is at

If this shows interest, I may do others with a better camcorder. The
original is a 158MB wmv file; perhaps another format may be better.
I will be on the uk.r meet on the Stalybridge parly on Saturday, if
anyone wants to discuss this.

[1] Actually starting from the tunnel portal; the in-tunnel section
came out black apart from the tunnel lights -- it was a *cheap*
camcorder! Can anyone tell me if this portal has a name?

Clive - Thanks for this

The office I work in designed the viaduct for DLRE (I may have
mentioned this a gajillion times before) and we haven't had a ride
yet!! This will certainly be a suitable alternative for now.

AE