Old February 2nd 06, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Rodden Bob Rodden is offline

Default LU station abbreviation codes

Correct. There are some exceptions though.

The Tooting's on the Northern are TBY and TBC are two that I can think of.

They were 'invented' by a bright spark from the Chief Engineer's Directorate
with some, but not much thought.

As the head of equality was a right battleaxe I never had the nerve to tell
about them, particularly Woodside Park and Wood Green.

"Andy" wrote in message
Offically IIRC only the Central line and W&C has fixed codes and the

system
is:
the first three letters of a single word,
the first two of the first word and the first of the second for two word
station name
the first letter of each for three word the only one being TCR.
The exceptions are Redbridge which should be RED which whould be confusing
so they consider it two word so it's REB and Leytonstone LES the same rule
is applied so so not be confused with Leyton (LEY).
I think Bank is labled twice BAN for Central line and BNK for W&C its so

the
ATO software which was never put in would not get confused.
Andy

"Matt Ashby" wrote in message
ps.com...
Does anyone know where I can get a list of the three-letter station
codes that LU uses to refer to stations? I don't know what the system
is called but I know each station has a code.

All help gratefully accepted.

Matt