Old February 2nd 06, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kentish Town and Oyster Pre-Pay

On 31 Jan 2006 12:42:04 -0800, "MIG"
wrote:

It wasn't to get more fares at first, because everyone was using
travelcards.

But now with Prepay, shorter bus routes does mean double fares in a lot
of cases. I object to that and I think that there should be more
sensible ways of defining a "journey".

Don't you understand the capping system on pre-pay? It can't go over
the cost of a travelcard or 'bus pass, but it can be a lot cheaper if
you just want one or two 'bus journeys. It is indeed unfair that you
can't get a transfer when a route runs short. But the travelcard user
has no advantage in this case.