Old February 2nd 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default LU station abbreviation codes

Acrosticus wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message

k...

"I'm at a green signal at Red" it could get quite confusing over a
radio so it not used for that reason.

Actually it was Andy who wrote that.

But "REB" is unlikely to sound much different to "red" over a
two-way radio either. Whatever happened to the phonetic alphabet?
If they used that the message you suggest would become "I'm at a
green signal at Romeo Echo Delta"; a far more comprehensible piece
of communication!

Very true! But are these codes used in radio messages? If so, why are
Northfields and Arnos Grove drivers allowed to use different codes?
--
Richard J.