Old February 5th 06, 06:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default "Death Line" 1972 (Film)

Paul wrote in
:

I don't know if anyone was watching TV4 last night but a fascinating
film "Death Line" from 1972 was shown. Essentially people kept going
into a central london tube station late at night and never being seen
again. [I'm not saying which one for reasons that those who know
which one it is will understand - suffice to say the station choice
made its screening at all a little surprising].

I'm intrigued why the choice of station should make it surprising that the
film was ever screened. Are you talking about the station that was portrayed
as opposed to the one where it was actually filmed?

According to the credits, the whole thing was filmed on location .
Does anyone know where it was filmed. Gloucester road and South Kensington
seem possibilities as there was a sign saying "District
Line". The disused station area where the trogoldytes lived was
absolutely fascinating, does anyone know where it was?

IMDB (http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0068458/) mentions Russell Square station
as one of the filming locations. However that's on the Piccadilly Line, not
the District Line, so maybe other stations were used as well for the
filming.