Old February 5th 06, 08:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default "Death Line" 1972 (Film)

"Paul" wrote in message

"Ericthehalfabee" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message

"Martin Underwood" wrote in message
Paul wrote in
:

I don't know if anyone was watching TV4 last night but a fascinating
film "Death Line" from 1972 was shown. Essentially people kept going
into a central london tube station late at night and never being seen
again. [I'm not saying which one for reasons that those who know
which one it is will understand - suffice to say the station choice
made its screening at all a little surprising].

I'm intrigued why the choice of station should make it surprising that
the film was ever screened. Are you talking about the station that was
portrayed as opposed to the one where it was actually filmed?

The Station portrayed. Not ever screened, but screened recently.

According to the credits, the whole thing was filmed on location .
Does anyone know where it was filmed. Gloucester road and South
Kensington seem possibilities as there was a sign saying "District
Line". The disused station area where the trogoldytes lived was
absolutely fascinating, does anyone know where it was?

IMDB (http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0068458/) mentions Russell Square
station as one of the filming locations. However that's on the
Piccadilly Line, not the District Line, so maybe other stations were
used as well for the filming.
The deep level scenes were on the picc line but not at RS because as
well as way out signs there were "To District Line" Signs.

All filmed on the Aldwych branch, I believe.

That was my first suspicion but the trains definitely arrived and departed
so I dont think it could have been aldwych - could have been platform 3
at Holborn possibly, but that wouldn't explain the "to District Line" sign
which was inappropriate for the station portrayed. Either way the station
had lifts not escalators

Aldwych station had signs on the platform pointing to the district line,
which actually were supposed to direct you to Temple station which is a few
minutes walk away.

Andrew