Old February 5th 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default "Death Line" 1972 (Film)

In message
"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote:

Chris Tolley wrote:

There was (so SWMBO tells me) a Doctor Who story set in a disused tube
stn,

From recollection three stories, though none feature disused stations.

In "The Web of Fear" (1968) the TARDIS materialises in the tube and finds
the network shut down and London evacuated due to an invasion by robotic
Yeti. A number of tube stations are seen, but all scenes were recorded in
studio (though the sets were so convincing that London Underground believed
otherwise!).

For a Dr Who set, that is saying something!

Actually I believe the Beeb has, or at least had, a generic tube station set.
I seem to remember it appearing on a number of different programmes

London is evactuated again in 1974's "Invasion of the Dinosaurs", where the
monsters of the story's title have been transported back in time by
renegade scientists operating an a base beneath (I thin) Aldgate tube,
accessed by a lift in a broom cupboard.

That sounds more like Dr Who.

And in 1986's "The Trial of a Time Lord" the Doctor visits the future where
Earth has been devasted by a solar flare and survivors live in "Marb
station", a complex built in and beneath Marble Arch station (although the
set for the actual remains of the station bears little resemblence to
Marble Arch).

After my time.

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.