Old February 6th 06, 08:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default "Death Line" 1972 (Film)

In message , Graeme Wall
writes
In message
Ian Jelf wrote:

In message , Graeme Wall
writes
The only death I've heard of in a BBC studio was a messenger who had a
heart attack during a live programme.

YTV in Leeds famously had a guest die on their afternoon chat show
"Calendar People" in the seventies. (This was the same programme - but
not edition - which saw Richard Whiteley's famous encounter with a
ferret. I'm trying really hard to come up with a railway or London
transport connection here but can't!)

I can help you there, the only time I saw Richard Whitely was on a train.

And now I've thought of one as well. Richard Whiteley's first TV job
was with ITN who were then at television House on the corner of Kingsway
and Aldwych.......just across from Aldwych station and literally above
the Aldwych branch featured (or not) in "Death Line"!

We make a great team, Mr. Wall! :-))
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK