Old February 7th 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default "Death Line" 1972 (Film)

In message .com
"Stephen Furley" wrote:

Graeme Wall wrote:

The 10 second run-up of a tape machine (or telecine) to achieve sync was
a problem until electronics were devised to enable the machines to go
from play to record on the fly at a predetermined point. Eventually
Ampex devised a quad machine that would do instant starts, first used on
the Andre Previn concerts.

Was that the AVR1?

Possibly, sounds vaguely familiar. To be honest I don't really know, I was
on the gallery end of the chain and it was just VT69 (or whatever) as far as
I was concerned.

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.