Old February 9th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
www.waspies.net www.waspies.net is offline

Default Underground Strike

Hobbayne wrote:
I haven't read LUL,s side of the story on this yet! (have they issued a
statement?) I would like to hear both sides of the story before passing
judgment!

LUs side

LU statement on Tube strike

London Underground today said there was no justification for strike
action announced by the RMT and ASLEF unions.

Responding to the unions' threat of strikes by Tube drivers on February
21 and March 2, a London Underground spokesperson said: "There is no
justification for strike action.

It is unreasonable to call strikes while consultation is taking place

"It is unreasonable to call strikes while consultation is taking place.

"London Underground is not imposing anything on Tube staff. The fact is
that we launched a consultation with all our trade unions on new
harassment, discipline and attendance procedures before Christmas. That
consultation continues.

"It is unreasonable to call strikes while consultation is taking place
on these issues.

"We hope that both unions will continue with talks to sort out these
matters through discussion and consultation."