Old February 11th 06, 10:28 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Hutchinson Paul Hutchinson is offline

Default Rail link scheme a priority

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:44:36 -0000, Chris Tolley wrote:

Paul Hutchinson wrote:
I think technically there is ample capacity on the ECML

IOW - "there's no problem with capacity ...

Doing things like;
cancelling the NoL Eurostar Paths
banning freight at peak times

... so long as you take some trains away."

I think you've contradicted yourself. Don't you?

No I dont.
As far as I am aware the NOL Eurostars have never run except on test it is
ludicrous that the paths are still reserved.
The freight would simply be timetabled away from pinch times. The only
reason this isnt done is because of the freight operators inflexible
access agreements.

The East Coast Main Line is currently way below the capacity achieved on
the Southern Main Lines every day.

Paul