Old February 11th 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default Rail link scheme a priority

"Peter Masson" wrote

IIRC there was a hearing before the Rail Regulator some time ago when E*
contended that either their paths should stay reserved or they should not
have to pay for them any more. AIUI the outcome was that Network Rail

could
resell the paths, subject to E*s right to have them back if they were
actually going to use them, but that meanwhile E* would have to keep

paying.
One of the barristers in the hearing before the Rail Regulator was a Mr
Choo-Choy.

To add to my previous post, I've now found the ORR Press Notice about the
decision (which is effectively as I outlined). It is at
http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.5407

Peter