Old February 11th 06, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Choc off

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 21:09:42 +0000 (UTC), "Chris Read"
wrote:

Has anyone else noticed, *all* of the chocolate vending machines on Tube
platforms, certainly in zone 1, have been taken out of use. Anyone know why?

I don't but I intend to ask at work on Monday. I haven't seen any
announcements.

My best guess is that the company which services/restocks them has ceased
trading.

As it is Cadburys that service and stock them I think we'd have heard if
they'd gone bust!

There could be a huge range of issues as to why every machine has had to
be switched off. I'm not aware that the drinks machines - part of the
same contract - have been switched off so perhaps there is a specific
issue with the chocolate machines themselves. I'll see if I can an
answer on Monday.
--
Paul C