Old February 12th 06, 06:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Buses starting late

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:12:41 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

Paul Corfield typed

early running

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/about/pe...-early-new.pdf

So my impression that Metroline's low-frequency 305 often runs early
might not be an illusion then!

Interesting...

The individual route chart for the 305 shows a bit of topsy turvy
performance for the service. As it is low frequency the performance
"window" is between 2 mins early and 5 mins late of the advertised
departure time. Metroline have struggled to meet the minimum target but
you can't see from the stats how much is early vs late running.

Metroline have lost the 305 on retender to Arriva the Shires (Watford
garage - same as the 142, 340 and now 258). Metroline's overall
performance has slipped badly in the performance rankings and past
performance across the company (on a number of measures) is now used as
part of the tender assessment criteria.

You have to hope that Arriva can do a better job. On my local route
(123) they have certainly improved performance which I will confess is
something of a surprise but a pleasant one nonetheless!
--
Paul C