Old February 12th 06, 07:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Alan \(in Brussels\) Alan \(in Brussels\) is offline

Default Chocs away ? (was Underground Chocolate Machines)

Chris! wrote:
JMUpton2000 wrote:

The odd thing travelling on the tube today is that every single
chocolate machine I saw at every station I either changed at or
passed through (at least 30 odd I reckon)had a sign on it saying it
was out of order.

I was wondering about that too. All the ones I saw on the Pic,
Northern and District lines were off too. They all have the exact
same printed message on them

Although I obviously don't know more than anybody else here, I wonder if the
current 'problem' is the need to reprogramme the vending machines to deal
with either a price change or the widespread use of inappropriate coins (or
valueless tokens).

Regards,

- Alan (in Brussels, where AFAIK chocs are still available in métro
stations)