Old February 14th 06, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Following on from the anagram tube map...

"soup" wrote in message
k...
John Rowland wrote:

... the misnamed street map.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=51.5767...09975,0.019956

I know Highgate rather well, and approximately 50% of the street
names in this map are wrong. The renaming of Archway Road as
Britannia Crescent is a particular gem.

maybe (repeat maybe) the "official name" used
on/by maps is different to what the locals call that street.

Lots of main roads do have colloquial names... but I happen to know that
doesn't apply here, and it certainly doesn't explain how 50% of the roads
are misnamed