Old February 15th 06, 02:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Silverlink Metro transfers to Tfl Nov 2007

On 14 Feb 2006 15:45:53 -0800, "TheOneKEA"
wrote:

Whats the betting that Zone 6 will move out to Watford Junction because of
this?

No need. Watford Met is in Zone A, along with Rickmansworth and Croxley
Met. It would be simple to extend the lettered zones north of Harrow
and Wealdstone to cover the remainder of the DC line.

I don't think it's all that simple - you'd have to deal with the fact
that tickets would (I assume) be inter-valid with Silverlink County.

For single/return fares it's not too bad - the situation at Harrow &
Wealdstone could be extended (i.e. charge the usual Oyster PAYG fares
for the lettered zones, with NR fares applying north of Kenton for
paper tickets - LU paper tickets not being valid).

However, seasons would be tricker - you'd have to reconcile the fact
that an annual Zones 1-A Travelcard season costs £1760 with the fact
that a Watford Junction to All Zones NR season costs £2372. I suppose
Watford Jn could be put in Zone D, but that would push up the price of
local journeys.