Old February 15th 06, 10:12 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
jonmorris jonmorris is offline

Default Silverlink Metro transfers to Tfl Nov 2007

Dave Hillam wrote:
They have had them on WAGN for some time now, though to start with an
Oystercard with a photocard was regarded by some WAGN RPIs as valid
without checking with the reader, presumably on the basis that it
looked as if it ought to have a season ticket on it?

Wagn staff will still accept being shown a 'not valid for travel'
record card without scanning the Oyster (and these cards would be
extremely easy to fake), and only scanned me because I gave him my pass
'closed'. It was never opened to check my photograph.

To be honest, if you wave anything at most RPIs then they'll accept if
you don't fit their profile of an evader (when they might actually stop
to read your ticket). I expected potential hassle for combining a point
to point ticket with a Oyster travelcard, but I don't think any RPI has
even noticed my Gold Card doesn't go all the way to London in three
months of showing it!!

Jonathan