Old February 15th 06, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london
erics erics is offline

Default Oops!

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
I'm only an occasional cyclist (Brompton owner) who is usually infuriated
with cyclist who get the rest of us a bad name and motorists who don't
regard (properly behanved0 cyclists as "traffic".

Well, I developed an interesting angle on this yesterday when - as a
pedestrian in Piccadilly - I managed to get knocked down by a cyclist.
With a number of other people I was crossing a side street at a green
pelican crossing on (pedestrian) green. Motor traffic had been stopped
for some time.

A cyclist apparently came past all the queuing traffic and simply ploughed
through the red light while the crowd were crossing and happened to hit
me. I'm not hurt (I managed to get straight up and I was surprised at
just how many passers by stopped to help) but after yelling "tosser",
presumably at me, she just cycled off. This wasn't some speeding child
or youth but an older woman with helmet and yellow jacket

Oh well, at least it wasn't a car or lorry.......
--

Was she listening to an ipod?