Old February 15th 06, 03:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Sam is offline

Default Northern Line Interchange

"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:00:33 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

"Sam" typed

Hope someone can help

I am travelling to Gatwick on Saturday evening.

Will be travelling southbound Northern Line and changing to Thameslink
at
either Kings Cross or London Bridge.

I will have luggage so want to have the least amount of stairs to
negotiate.
Any one know ?

I already have tickets, any info on platform exits would be also
appreciated.

'If I were you, I wouldn't start from here.'...

King Cross Thameslink is a very long trek from the Tube.

Agreed!

I've never taken Thameslink from London Bridge but all I can recall is a
series of LONG ramps connected by a passage.

And that is after you have come up the escalator and another
staircase.

Where, exactly are you travelling from?

I am travelling from Woodside Park.

Would prefer to go get on a train and not have to change.. Will have a fair
bit of luggage.

Have you considered getting a local Thameslink train from, for example,
Mill Hill Broadway, an changing to a Gatwick train somewhere down the
line?

IIRC Kentish Town is not an easy place to schlep luggage,

Best of a bad lot (if you are coming from the Barnet line) - escalator
up and then bridge and staircase down to the platform. But you need
to change again, Blackfriars perhaps, to get a Gatwick train.

--
Peter Lawrence