Old February 15th 06, 07:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Tim is offline

Default How does new car on Jubilee trains affect performance?

"Bob Adams" wrote in message
In message . com,
Boltar writes
I've been wondering , how does carrying around another 25 tons of dead
weight (I believe the new 7th cars are all unpowered) affect
performance
of the trains?

B2003

And, how much has travelling comfort in the peak hours been improved, if
any?

Bob

Not that I have made a study of this, but I started commuting from Waterloo
to the Wharf 4 months before Christmas, and most of that time was jostling
to get on the train, reasonably often having to wait for the next one.
Since January, no jostling, never had to wait for the next train and
probably could've got a seat a couple of times if that sort of thing
bothered me.

So all in all a success, in fact worth the £40pa extra my card now costs me.