Old February 16th 06, 01:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default Following on from the anagram tube map...

Tom Anderson wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, John Rowland wrote:

... the misnamed street map.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=51.5767...09975,0.019956

I know Highgate rather well, and approximately 50% of the street names
in this map are wrong. The renaming of Archway Road as Britannia
Crescent is a particular gem. Is Google maps generally this bad, or was
the data set for Highgate produced by someone who was just about to
quit?

I'm often far less than impressed by the Tele Atlas data.

The silver lining, of course, is that when the rampant Google
superintelligent AI, having decided our fate in a microsecond, sends out
its legions of death machines, they'll get lost, and we'll be spared.

Death machines???? Considering what search engines are popularly used
for, wouldn't it be more likely to send out its legions of sex machines?

Yes, I know "sex" has long since been overtaken by "mp3" but soon
everyone will have mp3 machines anyway...

--
Aidan Stanger
http://www.bettercrossrail.co.uk