Old February 16th 06, 08:51 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David H Wild David H Wild is offline

Default Silverlink Metro transfers to Tfl Nov 2007

In article .com,
MIG wrote:
But the service I was imagining would give a much better connection to
Watford than anyone arriving on the Bakerloo currently gets. I don't
really understand why Silverlink County doesn't throw in some stops at
Queens Park anyway, given that the platforms are there, allowing a
fastish journey south of Watford and interchange to the Bakerloo.

A big problem is that there are platforms only on the slow line at Queens
Park so, if trains are booked to call there, operating flexibility is
reduced significantly. Another problem is that the platforms are very
narrow, so it would be difficult to separate passengers for different
trains in the down direction. Connecting at Wembley Central could be a
better option.

There were trains stopping there for about eighteen months, about the time
that Willesden Jct to Clapham Jct opened. I travelled that way several
times, but there were not many other passengers.

--
David Wild using RISC OS on broadband