Old February 18th 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Chingford line frequency

On Fri, 16 Feb 2006 wrote:

I use the Liverpool Street to Clapton stretch quite often in the evening
and from my observations it does load very well.

I lived in Clapton for a year, and can second that - in the peaks, the
trains were absolutely rammed. In fact, the upward trains were packed on
arriving at Clapton, so there must be a lot of traffic from further out,
too.

Perhaps our definition of what loads very well differs?

Perhaps it's more to do with the time of day - the 4 tph in question was
off peak, and i have to admit that the trains were pretty empty outside
the peaks. Probably because the line runs to the city, which is a big
commuting destination, but not much use for anything you might want to do
off peak.

tom

--
isn't it about time we had some new label for people interested in
technology who also have an interest in drinking binges, womanising and