Old February 20th 06, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve M Steve M is offline

Default How much revenue is lost through passengers with no tickets onbendibuses

Rob Hamadi wrote:
asdf wrote:

What's to stop you getting on a bendy with a pre-pay Oyster, and
standing next to the Oyster reader, only touching in if/when an
inspector boards? Do they switch the validators off when there is an
inspection?

Now that's an interesting question. As it happens, pre-pay works out
cheapest for me, as I typically only take two buses a day, 5 days a
week. When my route first went bendy there were a few occasions when I
realised with a start, halfway through my journey, that I'd forgotten
to touch in. Of course by then the bus was packed, so I'd end up
handing my card to another traveller and asking them to touch it in for
me.

That said, I've yet to see an RPI on a rush hour bendy bus. I suspect
that the homeless man who sets up camp at the back of the bus on my
morning route has noticed the same thing.

You've seen him too? Or are there lots of them, all taking advantage of
free warmth and shelter on the Bendy Buses? For the record the guy I
often see is on the 507, always going towards Waterloo... I wonder if he
walks back...?

Cheers

Steve M