Old February 20th 06, 11:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris! Chris! is offline

Default Oystercard article

MIG wrote:

Chris! wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02...ecurity_flaws/

Based on what I have read in this group over the years this is not a
very accurate article.

Maybe Paul C would like to comment to them?

--
Chris

TfL claims that they keep the data for a few months and then discard
it. There are some obvious reasons for this which actually protect
"customers", such as if there is a dispute or if the card is lost.

But the intentions of TfL, whether or not this article is true, are not
really relevant.

Sorry, my fault for not explaining well in the original post. By
talking about accuracy I was refering to things such as the article
saying our journey history is available online... it isn't